Internal controls can often mean the difference between a business that is profitable...and one that is not.
There is always a fine balance between agility and control, when it comes to running a business. Those that are mired in undue top-heavy controls can be out-paced by competition -- and those that run ungoverned can often flame out in a blaze of (non)glory. Don't let your business fall victim to either version; partner with us to put in plan a comprehensive set of business controls that will be of minimal impact to your responsiveness to customers and keep your business running with integrity.
We will work with you to make sure that these key aspects of internal controls are in place, and your entire team is educated regarding their necessity, applicability and utility:
- Inventory and asset management, including an RFID tag program for cataloging and tracking assets (if needed).
- Clear job descriptions and roles/responsibility clarity for all employees.
- Separation of Duties management, including installing secondary controls when conflicts exist within the SOD matrix.
- Expense management, including designing accountable plans for employee expense reporting.
- Comprehensive expense control guidelines that every person on your team will understand and adopt.
- Creation of on-boarding and yearly education for employees.
- Analysis and mitigation of any federal or state regulation risks - including anti-bribery controls, international travel policies (e.g. visas and work permits) and supplier relation management.
- Fraud detection and related key business control reports.
- Any other controls needed, depending on the industry and nature of your business.
Internal Controls are often an afterthought, or completely overlooked. Don't let your business fall victim to a lack of mastery in this area - contact us to discuss your requirements, today!
Questions? Easy contact form: